Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Olympic Word - HURDLES!!!

So here's my olympic word, Hurdles. Bask in the glory of the word hurdles running over hurdles. Laugh as the heroic word is thrown for a loop. Cry as the word's hopes for glory are dashed!


If that video isn't working, try this here link.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

yay's:
I like the way the arm whips up from the start pose

the overall concept works quite well; I like how you captured the feel of the activity

the ending I think is a very nice touch, good jorerb

suggestions:
First, I would definitely add some bounce to his head when he runs and jumps. Make it kinda extend a little right before he jumps to anticipate and make it lean down on impact when he lands.

it might be cool to make the H's look like they're in perspective, like they start with the smaller leg on the right side, and as he runs towards them... you know what perspective looks like

you might want to give him an entire run cycle, it seems like he's galloping a bit

you might also want to make the final H the same distance as the others so that you can make him tumble a little more and get away from the fallen H which seems to be getting in the way a little

Migcat said...

Positives
+I really like the urdles man. He reads very well.

+The animation is really smooth and easy to understand

+The ending is great as well. The position of the guy is great.

Negatives
-I think it would be even better if the guy leaned forward as he went over the hurdles.

-I think it could help if it was a little bit longer. The ending is a little abrupt.

-Maybe he could move into his final pose a bit slower.